Tutanota is the first app for Android and iOS that encrypts the entire email automatically. Surveillance of our online communication is constantly increasing, simply because it's technologically so easy. We want to stop this and enable you to keep your private data private by making encryption dead-easy to use. If we want to keep our freedom and our free democracies, we have to stop the intrusion of our private communication online. Encrypted emails need to be the standard, not the exception.
Tutanota allows you to encrypt every email because you can force your friends to use end-to-end encryption. Encrypted emails to non-Tutanota addresses are secured with a password that you need to share with your friend. Of course normal emails which are sent without end-to-end encryption as well as all contacts are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers in Germany so that any profiling of user data is impossible. We as the provider do not have access to the encrypted data. Tutanota's easy-to-use encryption method makes email privacy available to everybody.
- Fully encrypted mailbox and contacts.
- End-to-end encrypted emails to anybody.
- Automatic end-to-end encryption between users.
- Open source for allowing third party verification of the encryption technology.
- Zero-knowledge: We as the provider have no access to the encrypted data, any profiling is impossible.
App features that set Tutanota apart
- Register your free Tutanota account with 1 GB of free storage.
- Choose your email address from the supported domains @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tutao.io and @keemail.me.
- Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody, to other Tutanota users automatically and to external users secured with a password.
- Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted). Even these emails are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
- Subject, content and attachments are automatically encrypted.
- Supports push notifications.
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Tutanota or your phone contacts.
- Tutanota is open source so that anyone can verify its security by auditing the code.